I. Editorial Orientation
Full Context is an "international Objectivist publication." By "Objectivist," we mean "for Objectivists." We leave it entirely up our readers' intelligence and independent judgment to determine whether any of the ideas presented in Full Context represent statements of or applications of Objectivist principles, or more importantly, whether the ideas presented are true. (It should go without saying that submissions which, in the editor's opinion, contain obvious misunderstandings or misrepresentations of Objectivist ideas have not and will not appear in the pages of Full Context). Full Context is an open forum for the discussion of ideas influenced by Objectivism. As such, all that the editors demand is that submissions be well-reasoned, thought-provoking, original, literate, informed, and of interest to an Objectivist or libertarian reader.
Please contact the editors at email@example.com concerning any issues not addressed below.
II. Submission Requirements
1) Contact Information. All submissions (including letters to the editor) should include the author's name, full address and telephone number(s). (If available, an email address should also be included.)
2) Content. Submissions should manifest a sound basic knowledge of the philosophy of Objectivism. Contrary to some other well-known Objectivist publications, we do not demand full agreement with Objectivism as a condition for publication. We encourage freethinking and intellectual independence. (Authors who express either explicit or implicit disagreement with one or more well-established Objectivist positions or with leading Objectivist thinkers will not be blacklisted, nor will their subscriptions be cancelled, nor will nasty rumours be circulated about their character.) Writers can expect, however, that controversial submissions will generate equally pointed feedback, which Full Context will publish in its "Letters" section.
III. What we're always looking for...
IV. Who we publish
We publish writings from professional academics, non-academic intellectuals, and students.
V. Authors' Rights
1. Copyrights to all articles published in Full Context are retained by their authors. The use of the copyright (c) symbol is therefore discouraged.
2. Short commentaries and letters to the editor may occasionally be edited for length, given space restrictions in Full Context. Beyond minor and obvious corrections in spelling, grammar and punctuation, we recognize the right of the author to approve all editorial changes to submissions before his/her piece is published in Full Context. Please send us your phone numbers and email address along with your submission in the event such consultation may be necessary.
3. As a condition of publication, we request that authors of articles, reviews, commentaries and other submissions (excluding letters to the editor) agree:
4. At this time, Full Context does not pay its contributors for signed articles.
5. Authors of signed articles (including reviews) over 1800 words in length may receive up to 20% off on any volume orders (5 or more copies) of the issue of Full Context in which their article appears.
(c) 2000 Full Context